Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

От
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Alban/Craig,

Employeedetailinsert is procedure I have created in PostgreSQL. When I try to execute the procedure directly in Pgadmin
as

EXEC Employeedetailinsert (parameters same as below) It works fine with desired result.

But When I call the procedure in Classic ASP I get the below error. I do not understand why the driver assumes it as
functionin the 1st place. I am using Postgres Native driver .
In the call when I am using CALL as suggested below , I am still getting the same error as the driver seem to be
parsingit eventually like it should for a function. Is it a bug in the driver that it cannot handle procedure from the
ODBCconnection??

Pls let me know.

The entire error as I am getting is as follows. Pls note that database is not recognizing the object as it is looking
fora function with that name. But here it is a procedure I am executing.
-error start
Executing Procedure =EXEC employeedetailinsert( '
123','55','Mamatha','Chandrashekar','06','05','9886269427','mamatha_ka@dell.com','12/10/2010','','7','Active','','Bangalore','IG','906','Muralikrishna','TG-,'TPDBA01','TPDBA01-
DBAPractice','No','','')
PostgreSQL Native Provider error '80040e14'

ERROR: function employeedetailinsert(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown,
unknown,unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown,
unknown)does not exist LINE 1: SELECT * FROM employeedetailinsert(' 123','55','Mamat... ^ HINT: No function matches the
givenname and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

/postgresql/EmployeeDetails.asp, line 656
-error end

Thanks,
Mamatha