Re: identifier will be truncated

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: identifier will be truncated
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/8/21 8:39 AM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm running unit/integration tests on a pg based application. I recently
> started getting the following indication on the test suite pg client:
>
> NOTICE:  identifier
> "y1972_1004_vat_periodic_declaration_suppliers_lines_dupl_c24_liq" will
> be truncated to
> "y1972_1004_vat_periodic_declaration_suppliers_lines_dupl_c24_li"
>
> Please advise on what I should do about it or if this might be a
> potential problem that I should address.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-syntax-lexical.html

"The system uses no more than NAMEDATALEN-1 bytes of an identifier;
longer names can be written in commands, but they will be truncated. By
default, NAMEDATALEN is 64 so the maximum identifier length is 63 bytes.
If this limit is problematic, it can be raised by changing the
NAMEDATALEN constant in src/include/pg_config_manual.h."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com