Re: Automatic detection of client encoding

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Automatic detection of client encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There is a standard interface (SUSv2) for detecting the character set
> based on the locale settings.

Hmm.  How trustworthy is that really?

If it works, great, but I wonder if we wouldn't be chasing a
will-o-the=wisp.  My impression is that LC_xxx settings tend to get
inherited from system files that have little to do with what the
individual user (thinks he) is doing :=(