Re: Reading WALs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Reading WALs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-03-14 14:48, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> On my built in logical replication I see that sometimes it tooks a long time
> to be updated with master. The question is how can I see what is being done
> on replica ? I know I can have a WAL reader, I tried WAL2JSON, it listen all
> data which comes from master, but as I understood when I use that plugin
> that data is discarded, so, not replicated.
>
> Is that correct ? Can I see what is coming to replica server and apply that
> change to server as usual ?

You can have multiple logical decoding streams in parallel that track
their position independently of each other.  So you can have a logical
replication stream and wal2json next to each other, and they won't
interfere with each other.  So what you are considering is possible and
safe.  (I don't know whether it will give you satisfactory insights.)