Re: insert throw error when year field len > 4 for timestamptz datatype

От Haribabu kommi
Тема Re: insert throw error when year field len > 4 for timestamptz datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 27 September 2013 15:04 Rushabh Lathia wrote:

>>On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Haribabu kommi <haribabu.kommi@huawei.com> wrote:

>>I feel changing the year value to accept the length (>4) is not simple.

>>So many places the year length crossing more than length 4 is not considered.

>>Search in the code with “yyyy” and correct all related paths.

>Right, changing the year value to accept the length (>4) is not simple because so

>many places the year length crossing plus most of the please having assumption

>that it will be always <4.

>Tried to fix issue more couple of places but I don't feeling like its always going

>to be safe to assume that we covered all path.

>Still looking and wondering if we can do change in any simple place or whether

>we can find any other smarter way to fix the issue.

If the changes are very high to deal all scenarios,

I feel it is better do it only in scenarios where the use cases needs it, until it is not confusing users.

The rest can be documented.

Any other opinions/suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Hari babu.