Re : Design Tool

От Laurent ROCHE
Тема Re : Design Tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Gabriele I had the same problem when I switched from MySQL to PostgreSQL (although I was not so pleased with
DB-Designerno support, not open source, bugs with average size models, ...).

I had a look around and I could not find anything satisfying (with the same criteria as you).

Eventually, I have choosen SQuirreL:
http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/

This is not a design tool: this is a database tool. You can edit, modify etc all your db objects (tables, views, ...)
witha lot of RDBMS.
However, it includes also a graphical tool where you can display and arrange your tables.

So the way I work is: I create the tables in some ways (pgAdmin, scripts, SQuirreL, ...) and then I use SQuirreL to
drawa nice graphic of the database. Of course, it is not as good as using a desing tool, because you start from the
physicallevel, but that's the best I could find for my needs. And considering I can type in comments that stays in the
database(with COMMENT ON ... commands), I am quite happy with this.

Good luck and let us know what you have chosen,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Lee Keel <lee.keel@uai.com>
À : Gabriele <gabriele_palma@tin.it>; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 5 Juillet 2007, 17h08mn 46s
Objet : Re: [GENERAL] Design Tool

We are currently using DeZign for Database.  This is not a freeware tool,
but is VERY useful.  I am not sure how much "not so costly" is, but I find
it very reasonable for the time it saves me.  It does do Postgres and MANY
more database formats.  You can find more information at
http://www.datanamic.com/dezign/index.html

Regards,
Lee Keel
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entityto whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message
containsconfidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
shouldnot disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

               http://archives.postgresql.org/

Сообщение: Re: Database Insertion commitment
Сообщение: Re: Database Insertion commitment