Re: [GENERAL] GDAL OUT-DB RASTER SUPPORT

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] GDAL OUT-DB RASTER SUPPORT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/28/2017 07:09 AM, Osahon Oduware wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting a black image when I try to display PostGIS out-db rasters.
> I discovered that it has to do with GDAL support for out-db rasters as
> stated in the link below for a similar issue (over 1 year back):
> https://hub.qgis.org/issues/12133
>
> The last comment by Jürgen Fischer states "... only black images. So
> it's a dependency issue (GDAL complains ERROR 1: This raster has outdb
> storage. This feature isn't still available)."
>
> I have also been told in the link below that "out-db support is not
> implemented yet in the GDAL PostGISRaster driver.":
> https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2017-April/046512.html
>
> I would like to know how to solve this issue of displaying postgis
> out-db rasters in QGIS?

Seems to me that it is about GDAL having support in their PostGISRaster
driver for file located raster images.

There is an issue for it:

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3234

According to it out-db support was implemented in PostGIS 2.0. So I
would say you need to ask the PostGIS list what the situation really is.
This list(--general) is not going not be of much help as what is you are
asking about is outside the code the core Postgres community maintains.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com