Re: Cheapest way to poll for notifications? & Driver improvement question re SSL and notify

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: Cheapest way to poll for notifications? & Driver improvement question re SSL and notify
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
> So my question is: is there any particularly low-overhead statement that
> might be suitable for generating pointless client/server chat to check for
> received async notifications? Should I just use "SELECT 1" ? Or would I be
> better off using a SHOW statement like "SHOW role" to avoid creating a
> snapshot etc?

Does the jdbc driver work with EmptyQueryResponse? At the protocol
level, if you send a Query message with an all-whitespace sql string,
the backend is supposed to reply with a single EmptyQueryResponse
message and then issue ReadyForQuery again. I have a feeling that jdbc
is probably "too smart" for this to work, but it could be worth a
shot.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | Software Engineer | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 230
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
(650) 242-3501 F