Re: BUG #1532: typecast problem between arrays of an int8 derived datatype and varchar[]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1532: typecast problem between arrays of an int8 derived datatype and varchar[]
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I have thought before that we were overloading fn_extra a bit too much.
> Is there any merit in having more than one "extra" member in FmgrInfo
> going forward?

Not sure what --- how would you decide which to use, and what stops
there being a conflict on one of them anyway?

The basic rule is that "fn_extra belongs to the called function", and
array_map was definitely breaking that rule.  So I don't think this bug
is a symptom of a system-wide issue.