Re: Case expression pushdown

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Case expression pushdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexander Pyhalov <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> [ 0001-Allow-pushing-CASE-expression-to-foreign-server-v6.patch ]

This doesn't compile cleanly:

deparse.c: In function 'foreign_expr_walker.isra.4':
deparse.c:920:8: warning: 'collation' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     if (collation != outer_cxt->collation)
        ^
deparse.c:914:3: warning: 'state' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   switch (state)
   ^~~~~~

These uninitialized variables very likely explain the fact that it fails
regression tests, both for me and for the cfbot.  Even if this weren't an
outright bug, we don't tolerate code that produces warnings on common
compilers.