Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

От David Steele
Тема Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/21/16 12:19 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> People have, in the past, expressed concerns about linking in
>>> pgcrypto.  Apparently, in some countries, it's a legal problem.
>>
>> Do you have any references? I don't see that as a problem.
>
> I don't have a link to previous discussion handy, but I definitely
> recall that it's been discussed.  I don't think that would mean that
> libpgcrypto couldn't depend on libpgcommon, but the reverse direction
> would make libpgcrypto essentially mandatory which I don't think is a
> direction we want to go for both technical and legal reasons.

I searched a few different ways and finally came up with this post from Tom:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/11392.1389991321@sss.pgh.pa.us

It's the only thing I could find, but thought it might jog something
loose for somebody else.

I know that export controls have been an issue for crypto in the past
but have no idea what the current state of that is.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net