Re: Possible new feature

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Possible new feature
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/30/07, mgould <mgould@allcoast.net> wrote:
> I'm in the process of moving to PostGres from iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere v 10.
>  One of the neat features from ASA 10 is the ability to create "proxy
> tables"  These tables can be local or remote.

Check out the dblink contrib module that comes with PostgreSQL. It
does the exact same thing, though without special syntax:

  create view foo as
  select * from dblink(
    'host=1.2.3.4 dbname=remotedb user=dbuser password=secretpass',
    'select id, title from foo')
    as remote_foo(id int, title text);

Alexander.