Re: Postgres (selection of thesis topic)

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Postgres (selection of thesis topic)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/2/07, Harpreet Dhaliwal <harpreet.dhaliwal01@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kind of new to postgresql and the project that I'm working on currently
> deals with parsing emails, storing parsed components in postgresql DB and
> fire triggers
> on certain inserts that opens socket connection with a unix tools server,

Are you sure it is a good idea to do this processing synchronously?
What happens if there is a network problem? It sounds like an
inefficient and inflexible design.

> I have done alot of homework on this and could think of something like "bulk
> of data storage in email parsing and how vacuuming it would increase the
> performance" because i think this vacuum DB concept is not there in other
> RDBMS.

SQLite also requires vacuuming, as does other databases based on
MVCC-like designs, although some (eg., Oracle with its redo logs,
iirc) do their housekeeping behind the scenes.

Alexander.

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSql replication and load balancing ( is Slony-I a solution?)
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSql replication and load balancing ( is Slony-I a solution?)