[GENERAL] Inserting millions of record in a partitioned Table

От Job
Тема [GENERAL] Inserting millions of record in a partitioned Table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

with Postgresql 9.6.1 we need to insert, from a certain select query, some millions of record in a partitioned table.
The table is partitioned by day.
The datas we will import can, often, be mixed between two different days.

We noticed that if we import directly into the global table it is really, really slow.
Importing directly in the single partition is faster.

Any suggestions here please?

Thank you, best!