R: DB on mSATA SSD

От Job
Тема R: DB on mSATA SSD
Дата
Re: R: DB on mSATA SSD  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: R: DB on mSATA SSD  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello, thank you first of all for your wonder help!

Tomas, regarding:

>There are ways to make the writes less frequent, both at the database
>and OS level. We don't know what's your PostgreSQL config, but making
>the checkpoints less frequent and tuning the kernel/mount options may
>help a lot.

We can raise up checkpoints, at kernel-side which options do you suggest to tune for minimize disk writing?

We have a table, about 500Mb, that is updated and written every day.
When machines updates, table is truncated and then re-populated with pg_bulk.
But i think we strongly writes when importing new data tables..

Here is why we tought putting some tables into ramdrive...

Thank you,
Francesco