connection dropped from the backend server

От armand pirvu
Тема connection dropped from the backend server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all

I have a process of some data manipulation and ultimate transfer to a postgres database
A DML statement gest concoted with the transformed data and pusshed into a named pipe
The named pipe is tailed -f in the background like this

nohup $SHELL <<EOF &
tail -f /u1/sys_admin/dba/mypipe.fifo | psql -U csidba -d repdb -h rephost
EOF

All good BUT I do notice every say 10 min although I see the tail and psql processes in the ps output, looking in
pg_stat_activitythere is really nothing the host I run the nohuped tail

Any suggestions how to approach this/make it better/monitor ?

Thanks
-- Armand