Re: More Praise for 7.4RC2

От jake@omnimode.com (jake johnson)
Тема Re: More Praise for 7.4RC2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
reece@in-machina.com (Reece Hart) wrote in message news:<1068597494.28850.266.camel@tallac>...
[...snip...]
> The cost estimates give the right qualitative feel. 7.3.4 took >30
> minutes for this query whereas 7.4RC2 responds essentially
> instantaneously.

[...snip...]

I also posted about the performance increase of 7.4, but I think that
much of the difference you're seeing (because it's such a large
difference) is probably due to the cleanliness of a newly restored
database from backup.  Perhaps a vacuum analyze could have improved
that 30+ minute response time on 7.3.4.

I too posted about the performance improvement, seeing about 200% at
first after restoring from backup.  After some transactions, however,
I'd say its more like 100% - 125% improvement.  I'm still particularly
impressed with the improvement in the select count(*) query
performance, which is about 100% improved.