Re: 7.4 is great!

От jake@omnimode.com (jake johnson)
Тема Re: 7.4 is great!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
oliver.siegmar@xams.org ("Oliver Siegmar") wrote in message
news:<47338.194.97.5.114.1068055682.squirrel@siegmar.sitix.net>...
> Hi all,
>
> just wanted to let you know (maybe you also know :)) - pgsql 7.4 is great!
> I had do migrate a mysql database to pgsql within the database -

Yes and that's not even commenting on the performance jump.  I must
say I'm seeing up to a 200% improvement on some queries I've been
testing in comparison to v7.34.  This is on i386-unknown-freebsd4.7,
compiled by GCC 2.95.4

Even on those SELECT count(*) queries, I see over 100% improvement.
This is before any real effort at tuning.

Thank you PG developers!!
- Jake