Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I figured you would, but it's still my opinion.  I guess my basic
> objection here is to the idea that we somehow know that the 6000+ line
> test case file actually contains only correct tests.  That vastly
> exceeds the ability of any normal human being to verify correctness,
> especially given what's already been said about the interdependencies
> between different parts of the file and the lack of adequate
> documentation.

Yeah, that's a problem.  In the last two times I touched that file,
I just moved things between "like" and "unlike" categories until the
test passed.  If there were anything useful it had to tell me, it was a
complete failure at doing so.  I frankly won't even think about adding
new test cases to it, either.

I don't know how to make it better exactly, but I concur with Robert that
that test needs fundamental redesign of some kind to be maintainable.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Patch: Add --no-comments to skip COMMENTs with pg_dump