Re: Questions and experiences writing a Foreign Data Wrapper

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Questions and experiences writing a Foreign Data Wrapper
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 22.07.2011 11:08, Albe Laurenz wrote:
>> Or is a user mapping intended to be the only source of
>> connection information?

> No, you can specify connection details at per-server and
> per-foreign-table level too. The FDW implementation is free to accept or
> reject options where-ever it wants.

Well, if we are going to take that viewpoint, then not having a user
mapping *shouldn't* be an error, for any use-case.  What would be an
error would be not having the foreign-user-name-or-equivalent specified
anywhere in the applicable options, but it's up to the FDW to notice and
complain about that.

I am not, however, convinced that that's a legitimate reading of the SQL
spec.  Surely user mappings are meant to constrain which users can
connect to a given foreign server.

Сообщение: Re: Parameterized aggregate subquery (was: Pull up aggregate subquery)
Сообщение: Re: Parameterized aggregate subquery (was: Pull up aggregate subquery)