Re: Why can't I .........

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why can't I .........
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> -- use labels to name columns in this way
>>
>> ... select col1 userid, col2 name from ...  (instead of using AS)

> Because AS is the ANSI SQL 92 standard.  And we like standards.

Actually, SQL92 says that AS is optional.  However, Postgres contains a
lot of extensions to SQL92, and some of them produce parse ambiguities
if AS is optional.  So we require it.  This isn't going to change, as
it would require ripping out a lot of useful stuff.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?
Сообщение: Re: Are circular REFERENCES possible ?