Re: [HACKERS] pg_bsd_indent: implement -lps ("leave preprocessor space")

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_bsd_indent: implement -lps ("leave preprocessor space")
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> this is a patch that Andres asked me for. It makes pg_bsd_indent leave
> preprocessor space alone, as in this example:

> #if 0
> #  if 0
> #    if 0
> #      error
> #    endif
> #  endif
> #else
> #  line 7
> #endif

Um ... but the point of pgindent is to standardize spacing, not to let
people invent their own style.  If you wanted to have a discussion about
whether pgindent should force preprocessor directives to look like the
above, we could talk about that.  But I do not want to be reading code that
looks like the above in one place and code that does not ten lines away.