Re: Allow an extention to be updated without a script

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Allow an extention to be updated without a script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> Currently, even when we don't need to execute any command to update an
> extension from one version to the next, we need to provide an update
> script that doesn't contain any command. Preparing such meaningless
> files are sometimes annoying.

If you have no update script, why call it a new version?  The point
of extension versions is to distinguish different states of the
extension's SQL objects.  We do not consider mods in underlying C code
to justify a new version.

> The attached patch introduces a new option "updates_without_script"
> into extension control file. This specifies a list of such updates
> following the pattern 'old_version--target_version'.

This seems completely unnecessary and confusing.