Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines

От dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle)
Тема Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <m3wuv32wp5.fsf@varsoon.wireboard.com>,
Doug McNaught  <doug@wireboard.com> wrote:
>Nope.  You're either going to have to port the libraries to NetWare
>(which might not be too hard) or write a "pure Perl" implementation of
>DBD::Pg (one that speaks the backend protocol directly rather than
>using the libraries).  The former is almost certainly less work.  I
>know there was someone on -hackers working on a NetWare port; you
>might want to search the archives for that list.

The JDBC driver is a pure Java implementation, correct?

Would that be a decent enough starting place for a pure Perl version?

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/