Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Дата
Re: Proposal: Adding json logging  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Apr 15, 2018, at 12:16, David Arnold <dar@xoe.solutions> wrote:
>
> Core-Problem: "Multi line logs are unnecessarily inconvenient to parse and are not compatible with the design of some
(commonlyused) logging aggregation flows."

I'd argue that the first line of attack on that should be to explain to those consumers of logs that they are making
someunwarranted assumptions about the kind of inputs they'll be seeing.  PostgreSQL's CSV log formats are not a
particularbizarre format, or very difficult to parse.  The standard Python CSV library handles them just file, for
example. You have to handle newlines that are part of a log message somehow; a newline in a PostgreSQL query, for
example,needs to be emitted to the logs.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: submake-errcodes
От: David Arnold
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging