Re: Connection terminated by the server causes deadlock in jdbc client side connection

От Steffen Heil (Mailinglisten)
Тема Re: Connection terminated by the server causes deadlock in jdbc client side connection
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi

> What happens if the server just discards the connection. In other words it
> doesn't close it. It just terminates without closing any open connections ?

That should only happen, if the servers OS crashes. For a process there is no
way to "discard" a connection. (The server could keep the connection open
without sending or reading, but I would consider that a serious bug.)

And if the server OS crashes and the client tries to send something, a timeout
waiting for the sent packets will occur or if the server rebooted in time, a
RST packet will be sent. Either way, the client will detect that and close the
connection.

Regards,
  Steffen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Connection terminated by the server causes deadlock in jdbc client side connection
Сообщение: Re: Connection terminated by the server causes deadlock in jdbc client side connection