Re: One long transaction or multiple short transactions?

От Graeme B. Bell
Тема Re: One long transaction or multiple short transactions?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I don't think inserts can cause contention on the server. Insert do not lock tables during the transaction. You may
havecontention on sequence but it won't vary with transaction size.

Perhaps there could be a trigger on inserts which creates some lock contention?

От: Laurent Martelli
Сообщение: Re: One long transaction or multiple short transactions?
От: Kevin Grittner
Сообщение: Re: Re: Multi processor server overloads occationally with system process while running postgresql-9.4