Re: "unexpected EOF" messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "unexpected EOF" messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Heh - we already used ERRCODE_CONNECTION_FAILURE on the errors in
> copy.c. Since COPY can only happen when there is a transaction
> (right?), I just changed those error messages for consistency.

Agreed on changing the message texts to match, but I wonder whether
we ought not switch all those SQLSTATEs to something different.  Per my
comment to Kevin, I think the whole 08 class is meant to be issued on
the client side.  Maybe it's okay to conflate a server-detected
connection loss with client-detected loss, but I'm not convinced.