Re: pg_dump and insert multi-rows option

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump and insert multi-rows option
Дата
Re: pg_dump and insert multi-rows option  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 01:22:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... The only reason I can see to
>> use these options today is if you want to try to port the dump to
>> some other database ... and in that case you probably shouldn't
>> assume multi-insert will work anyway.

> I'm pretty sure it does in the current versions of most other DBMSs.

Up to a point, perhaps.  Do you want to make assumptions about what
the maximum acceptable command length will be for other DBMSes?
It'd be hard enough being sure what to use for Postgres.