PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed

От Pete Deffendol
Тема PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed
Дата
Re: PostGIS RPM for CentOS 6 install reps failed  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi all,

It appears that the EPEL repository has updated the "armadillo" package and it is no longer compatible with the "gdal-libs" package in the PostgreSQL Yum repository.  As a result, it's no longer easily possible to install PostGIS:

$ sudo yum install postgis2_93
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package postgis2_93.i686 0:2.1.3-1.rhel6 will be installed
---> Package gdal-libs.i686 0:1.9.2-4.el6 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: libarmadillo.so.3 for package: gdal-libs-1.9.2-4.el6.i686
Error: Package: gdal-libs-1.9.2-4.el6.i686 (pgdg93)
           Requires: libarmadillo.so.3
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

The package in EPEL provides libarmadillo.so.4 as of the last update.  This is for CentOS/RHEL 6.  I'm not sure if the issue exists for CentOS 5 or 7.

I suspect that the gdal packages in the PostgreSQL repo just need to be rebuilt against the newer package.  Can someone verify and provide updated packages?

Thanks!

Pete

--
Pete Deffendol, Software Engineer