Re:

От Gurudutt
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Peter,

Here is a complete procedure for converting from MySQL to PGSQL. You
need to use two scripts

     a)my2pg.pl
     b)mysql2pgsql.pl

------------------PROCEDURE--------------------------

1) Take the dump of the schema only
   mysqldump -d <YOURDBNAME> > /tmp/Tables.sql -p;

2) Convert this sql file into pgsql file using my2pg.pl
   perl my2pg.pl Tables.sql > TablesPg.sql

3) Take the dump of data
   mysqldump  -c -t <YOURDBNAME> > /tmp/Data.sql -p;

4) Convert this sql file into pgsql file using mysql2pgsql.pl
   perl mysql2pgsql.pl Data.sql

5) step 4 will create a Data.sql92 file

6) find and replace all occurances of 0000-00-00 with 0001-01-01 using
   regular expression, if you have date field in your table structures

7) Start dumping to Postgres

8) create a database <YOURDBNAME> using
   createdb <YOURDBNAME>

9) Enter ACTBilling using
   psql <YOURDBNAME> --username=postgres

10) At the <YOURDBNAME> prompt type
    \i TablesPg.sql

11) All the tables will be successfully created.

12) Next use this command to port the data
    \i Data.sql92

13) All the data would be successfully ported.

Hope it is of use to you.

--
Best regards,
 Gurudutt                            mailto:guru@indvalley.com