Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Christensen <david@endpoint.com> writes:
> I assume this has already been discussed and rejected (or it wouldn't still be an issue), but what's wrong with the
equivalentof \i in the successive .sql upgrade files?  Or is the server running the scripts itself and no equivalent
includefeature exists in raw sql?

The latter.  It wouldn't be that hard to invent something that would
pull in another file, but there are some issues concerning how you
figure out where to look for the file.

In any case, if we go down that path, we're still putting the burden on
the extension author to maintain a pile of little bitty script files --
a task that will get quite un-fun once you have dozens of active
versions.  Automatically applying the files in sequence should be a lot
more convenient and less bug-prone.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Debian readline/libedit breakage
От: "mac_man2008@yahoo.it"
Сообщение: Sorting. When?