Upgrading old server

От Ekaterina Amez
Тема Upgrading old server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

We've decided to upgrade our PostgreSQL production servers. First task
is remove an old v7.14 version. It was supposed to be upgraded to a v8.4
server. The server was installed, several databases where released here
but v7.4 was never migrated. The plan is pg_dump this database and psql
it to existing 8.4 server. After this, we'll pg_upgrade. In order to
make some tests to be ready for production server I'd like to know what
would be the best approach: upgrade to v10 or maybe v11? Or start
upgrading to 9.6 and if everything goes fine migrate to v10/v11?

If is useful: server is CentOS 6.8.

I've installed succesfully a backup of the old v7.14 version in my v8.4
test server (with some help of psql-admin list), and now that I've
studied a bit about pg_upgrade-ing I'm going to upgrade installed PG
version to the one that's the best for this situation.

Thank you all,

Ekaterina

Сообщение: Re: managing primary key conflicts while restoring data to table withexisting data
Сообщение: Re: managing primary key conflicts while restoring data to table withexisting data