Re: caveats upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.2.x

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: caveats upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.2.x
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <dave@hawk-systems.com> writes:
> aside from a dump restore requirements and backing up the 7.0.3
> installation just in case something goes awry, is there anything
> from a data type or syntax that will cause any major hurdles as a
> result of this upgrade?

Unfortunately, there are a bunch of minor issues that you may run
into, but I'm not aware of an exhaustive list of them (we're trying to
be better about documenting backwards incompatibilities in 7.3, but
that doesn't help you much).

My suggestion would be to do a trial run: load a 7.0.3 dump into a
test 7.2 installation on a development box and see if your application
works on it -- it should be easy to fix any problems that might crop
up. Then make a new dump and do the migration for the production
system.

Cheers,

Neil