Re: PL/PgSQL "bare" function calls

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PL/PgSQL "bare" function calls
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:

> whereas adding support for CALL to SQL is part of proper support for stored
> procedures. Gavin and I are hoping to send a proposal for the latter to
> -hackers in a few days.

What is the point of stored procedures being distinct from functions anyways?
Is there any real difference other than the irregular calling syntax? Is there
anything you can't do with functions that you can do with procedures? Or is it
purely a question of satisfying a spec or providing a more Oracle compatible
syntax?

--
greg