Re: Makefile patch to make gcov work on Postgres contrib modules

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Makefile patch to make gcov work on Postgres contrib modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 17:08 schrieb Gregory Stark:
> > Unless there's a makefile variable that is included in both CFLAGS and
> > LDFLAGS that the user could use instead? But then that wouldn't work on
> > architectures where ld is used instead of gcc for linking.
>
> Perhaps you should start by defining which situation you want to achieve.

There are two ways to get gcov to work. Either you add -lcov to the end of the
linking step or you use the same -f flags that you use at the compile stage.

So what I would like to happen is something like:

CFLAGS='-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -O0 -g'  ./configure --enable-debug --enable-cassert --enable-depend
make
make check
gcov src/backend/access/common/heaptuple.c

Perhaps the flags need to be in a separate variable instead of CFLAGS
specifically advertised to ensure the flags will show up in both compile and
linking lines.

--
greg