Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Дата
Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Teodor Sigaev" <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:

>>> But they still need some more thought about permissions, because AFAICS
>>> mucking with a configuration can invalidate some other user's data.
>>
>> ouch. could mucking with a configuration create a corrupt index?
>
> Depending on what you mean 'corrupted'. It will not corrupted as non-readable
> or cause backend crash. But usage of such tsvector column could be limited -
> not all words will be searchable.

Am I correct to think of this like changing collations leaving your btree
index "corrupt"? In that case it probably won't cause any backend crash either
but you will get incorrect results. For example, returning different results
depending on whether the index or a full table scan is used.

Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues