Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: tsearch filenames unlikes special symbols and numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> I'm not convinced that . is issue-free.  On most if not all versions of Unix,
> you are allowed to open a directory as a file and read the filenames it
> contains.  While I don't say it'd be easy to manage that through
> tsearch, there's at least a potential for discovering the filenames
> present in . and .. --- how much do we care about that?

Actually I don't think that's true any more, most file systems on most Unixen
do not allow it. However it appears it's still the case for Solaris so it's
still a good point.

I'm sure it's not true for modern versions of Linux and I thought it was false
for other modern OSes -- I'm surprised it's not for Solaris even.