Re: autonomous transactions

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: autonomous transactions
Дата
Re: autonomous transactions  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Neil Conway" <neilc@samurai.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 20:53 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> And there is most important question about data visibility - is
>> autonomous transaction independent on main transaction (isolation)?
>
>>From looking at how Oracle does them, autonomous transactions are
> completely independent of the transaction that originates them -- they
> take a new database snapshot. This means that uncommitted changes in the
> originating transaction are not visible to the autonomous transaction.

I think the hard part would be error handling. You have to be able to catch
any errors and resume the outer transaction.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: autonomous transactions
От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Errors with run_build.pl - 8.3RC2