Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
dpage@pgadmin.org (Dave Page) writes:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Peter C. Lai <peter@simons-rock.edu> wrote:

>>> http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6995033/
>>> (warning: may not be sfw).
>>
>> Someone should (or probalby has) made one that sounds exactly the same,
>> except for replacign the Mongo guy with MySQL and the MySQL guy with
>> PostgreSQL. That might be more apopros all around ;)
>
> Someone did indeed do that:
> http://nigel.mcnie.name/blog/mysql-is-a-database (also nsfw, iirc)

Alas, while it's somewhat funny, it's mighty clear that it's a
second-degree derivation, which rather diminishes its power.

It gets confused as to who's the questioner, which yanks some sense out
of it.  At the start, the MySQL aficionado is the speaker, taking
questions, but at the end, somehow the Postgres guy ends up thanking
everyone for their questions.

To make this work requires that it be rather carefully done; sadly,
sufficient care doesn't seem to have been taken :-(.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/x.html