Re: Undocumented(?) limits on regexp functions

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Undocumented(?) limits on regexp functions
Дата
Re: Undocumented(?) limits on regexp functions
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> Should these limits:

 >> a) be removed

 Tom> Doubt it --- we could use the "huge" request variants, maybe, but
 Tom> I wonder whether the engine could run fast enough that you'd want
 Tom> to.

I do wonder (albeit without evidence) whether the quadratic slowdown
problem I posted a patch for earlier was ignored for so long because
people just went "meh, regexps are slow" rather than wondering why a
trivial splitting of a 40kbyte string was taking more than a second.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)