Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Andrew> Here's a patch that fixes (not necessarily in the best way) the
 Andrew> PGXS builds of all the contrib/*_pl{perl,python} modules.

 Andrew> Oh, obviously this patch doesn't fix the windows Install.pm
 Andrew> yet, but that'd be easier to do after finalizing the list of
 Andrew> include files to install.

So while looking into this, I found that to the best of my ability to
determine, the windows Install.pm has _never_ installed the plperl or
plpython header files. That's more than I'm in a position to fix, having
no windows box to test with.

So what I propose to do is to commit a cleaned-up version of the patch
posted above, with these changes:

 - install all the plpy_*.h headers, not just a few; I know of no reason
   to exclude any of them, and in the absence of feedback it seems
   better to install them all;

 - tidy up the makefile variables in the python transform modules to
   remove some duplication

 - fix Mkvcbuild.pm to account for the changes

This will allow hstore_plperl etc. to stand as examples of how to do
cross-module #includes both in and out of tree.

I'll post the patch for review shortly.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)