Re: pg_upgrade 9.6 to 12 without 9.6 binaries

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: pg_upgrade 9.6 to 12 without 9.6 binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On 3/13/20 6:47 AM, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:
>
>> We are running Postgres 9.6 on server A.
>>
>> We want to upgrade it to Postgres 12 on server B.
>>
>> pg_upgrade requires the old (-b) and new (-B) binary set on the same server.
>>
>> We don't want to install both binary sets on the same server as we
>> had some library conflicts in the past.
>>
>> Is there still a way to use pg_upgrade without the old (-b) binary
>> set (I am aware of pg_dump/pg_restore)?
>
> No. As I understand it pg_upgrade needs to see the state of old
> instance to recreate that state on the new instance.

True.

PgUpgrade will start/stop both versions separately perhaps a couple of
times as part of the workflow.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

От: Kevin Brannen
Сообщение: RE: vacuum full doubled database size
Сообщение: Re: vacuum full doubled database size