Re: Query plan question, and a memory leak

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Query plan question, and a memory leak
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From the 7.3 documentation:

> Currently, functions returning sets may also be called in the target list of a
> SELECT query. For each row that the SELECT generates by itself, the function
> returning set is invoked, and an output row is generated for each element of
> the function's result set. Note, however, that this capability is deprecated
> and may be removed in future releases.

Is this still considered true? It turns out this may be precisely the
functionality I need to implement something. But I wouldn't want to use it if
it's likely to disappear in 7.4 or soon. The only alternative I see is to
write a PL/pgSQL loop myself.

--
greg