Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: [GENERAL] New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> writes:

> http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgnixinstaller/
>
> We are actively looking for developers for the project. Please drop me
> an e-mail if you want to join this project. We will use Python, so you
> need to be a Python guy to join the project. We are in planning phase,
> if you join us earlier, we will be able to share more ideas.

What value does this bring to systems that have a good package system
and up-to-date repositories?  I can install Postgres today on Ubuntu
using a GUI tool, and install another GUI tool to configure and
adminsiter it.

For systems like Solaris I can see it maybe being a win.

Are you going to work with the underlying system's package manager, or
put everything in /usr/local?

-Doug