Re: XML only working in UTF-8 - Re: 8.4 open items list

От Sergey Burladyan
Тема Re: XML only working in UTF-8 - Re: 8.4 open items list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> As near as I can tell, every place where you see an explicit cast
> between char * and xmlChar * is probably broken.  I think we ought
> to approach this by refactoring to have all those conversions go
> through subroutines, instead of blithely casting.

There is another issue (from sql.ru forum):
seb=> select xmlelement(name язык, xmlattributes('русский' as "значение"));                             xmlelement
----------------------------------------------------------------------<язык
значение="русский"/>

xmlattributes always encode non-latin text as html entities
server_encoding UTF8
client_encoding UTF8

This is strange behavior of libxml... i can't find documentation about this.
http://www.xmlsoft.org/examples/testWriter.c use xmlTextWriterStartDocument
and set output encoding with it. Without it, all non-latin nodes and it values
written correctly (it is UTF-8), except attribute value, this is strange, imho.

xmltype * xmlelement(XmlExprState *xmlExpr, ExprContext *econtext) from xml.c
not use xmlTextWriterStartDocument and return html entities in attribute values.

--
Sergey Burladyan

Сообщение: Re: More message encoding woes
Сообщение: Re: More message encoding woes