Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Final Patch for GROUPING SETS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>>> "Andres" == Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
Andres> Andrew, are you going to be working on any of these?

As discussed on IRC, current status is:
>>> * The increased complexity of grouping_planner. It'd imo be good if some>>>   of that could be refactored into a
separatefunction. Specifically the>>>   else if (parse->hasAggs || (parse->groupingSets && parse->groupClause))>>>
block.

done and pushed at you
>>> * The Hopcroft-Karp stuff not being separate

done and pushed
Andres> * to split agg_retrieve_direct into a version for grouping setsAndres> and one without. I think that'll be a
prettyclear win forAndres> clarity.

I don't see how this helps given that the grouping sets version will be
exactly as complex as the current code.
Andres> * to spin out common code between agg_retrieve_direct (in bothAndres> the functions its split into),
agg_retrieve_hashedandAndres> agg_retrieve_chained. It should e.g. be fairly simple to spinAndres> out the tail end
processingof a input groupAndres> (finalize_aggregate loop, ExecQual) into a separate function.

This isn't _quite_ as simple as it sounds but I'll have a go.
>> * The code in nodeAgg.c isn't pretty in places. Stuff like if>> (node->chain_depth > 0) estate->agg_chain_head =
save_chain_head;...>>Feels like a good bit of cleanup would be possible there.

I'll look.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)