Re: Database health check/auditing

От Tim Cross
Тема Re: Database health check/auditing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:

>> situation: I have just commenced a DBA and developer role for an
>> organisation with a number of Postgres databases (9.4 and 9.6
>> versions). There has been no dedicated DBA and a number of the databases
>> were setup by people with little to know Postgres or database
>> experience. I need to get an overview on what I'm dealing with and start
>> prioritising what to address first.
>>

> You might want to have a look at OPM: http://opm.io/

Looks interesting. Nagios is what is used here for monitoring and
although rusty, once upon a time, I use to cut quite a lot of perl, so
reasonable skill set match. Will check it out.

Although on-going monitoring of the systems is definitely required, the
first step is to just get an overall handle on the situation. There is
no documentation and configuration, maintenance etc has been patchy.

Tim

--
Tim Cross