Re: PG 12 draft release notes

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: PG 12 draft release notes
Дата
Re: PG 12 draft release notes  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>>> "Andres" == Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:

 Andres> Any chance for you to propose a text?

This is what I posted before; I'm not 100% happy with it but it's still
better than any of the other versions:

 * Output REAL and DOUBLE PRECISION values in shortest-exact format by
   default, and change the behavior of extra_float_digits

   Previously, float values were output rounded to 6 or 15 decimals by
   default, with the number of decimals adjusted by extra_float_digits.
   The previous rounding behavior is no longer the default, and is now
   done only if extra_float_digits is set to zero or less; if the value
   is greater than zero (which it is by default), a shortest-precise
   representation is output (for a substantial performance improvement).
   This representation preserves the exact binary value when correctly
   read back in, even though the trailing digits will usually differ
   from the output generated by previous versions when
   extra_float_digits=3.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)