PGStatement#setUseServerPrepare breaking PreparedStatement#executeUpdate return value?

От Guillaume Cottenceau
Тема PGStatement#setUseServerPrepare breaking PreparedStatement#executeUpdate return value?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

I use postgres-7.4.5 with postgresql-7.4.5.jar built out of it.

I have noticed that the int result from
PreparedStatement#executeUpdate for a DELETE statement is always
1 for me, even if 0 rows were affected by the statement, breaking
the JDBC API (or at least its documentation).

I have experimented and noticed that removing my call to
PGStatement#setUseServerPrepare(true) workarounds the bug.

Is there any way to workaround it otherwise? Is it a known and/or
normal bug?

Thanks,

--
Guillaume Cottenceau